Share Button

The Concert Will Feature The World’s First Digital Diva Performing In 3D

LOS ANGELES (May 12, 2011) – Hatsune Miku, a Japanese virtual pop idol whose computer-generated singing and holographic performances have sparked a new form of musical entertainment, will thrill U.S. audiences for the first time when she performs live in concert at Anime Expo, North America’s largest anime and manga celebration in Los Angeles from July 1 – 4, 2011. In addition to her live concert, Hatsune Miku will be Anime Expo’s first Virtual Guest of Honor.

A digital diva famous worldwide for her ankle-length aqua-colored pigtails and distinctive voice, Hatsune Miku will light up the stage at Nokia Theater on July 2nd in her U.S. live concert debut presented by The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, Crypton Future Media, Inc., SEGA Corporation, Tokyo Kawaii Magazine (ASCII Media Works) and Toyota Motor Sales, USA.

Created by Crypton Future Media, Inc. in 2007, Hatsune Miku’s voice is synthesized using Yamaha’s VOCALOID (= Vocal + Android) software application, to produce a fully synthetic voice with unprecedented quality and remarkable realism by typing in lyrics and setting a melody. To date, her voice has been featured in more than 100,000 songs and videos created and shared by fans worldwide. She has been sampled in CDs, DVDs, games, novels, and figures and her sell-out, computer-graphic-driven live performances have become legendary. Attesting to her unique star power, Toyota selected Hatsune Miku to star in a U.S. ad campaign for the 2011 Corolla – which has been named the Official Car of her July 2 concert at Anime Expo.

“Fans in North America have been clamoring for Miku to perform here and we have listened,” said Marc Perez, Chairman and CEO of the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation, the non-profit that produces Anime Expo. “We’re extremely excited to be able to present this 21st Century star at Anime Expo in what promises to be an unforgettable experience for all.”
The Anime Expo concert will be based on “39‘s Giving Day,” the first-ever solo concert by Hatsune Miku held in Japan on March 9, 2010, which was heralded by media worldwide. Visuals for the July 2 concert are created by SEGA with Crypton Future Media supervising overall production.

Hatsune Miku will be Anime Expo’s first Virtual Guest of Honor and will join the line-up of Anime Expo 2011 Guests of Honor that includes the chart-topping Japanese pop trio Kalafina, Japanese TV Host and blogger Danny Choo and voice actor Vic Mignogna. Themed the “Year of the Fan,” Anime Expo 2011 will fully immerse guests into the world of Japanese animation, manga (comic books), music, fashion and games. Anime Expo is a non-stop marathon of Japanese pop culture that’s been likened to Halloween in July.

To stay updated on all of the latest Anime Expo 2011 news, follow us on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook and check us out on YouTube.

About Crypton Future Media, Inc.

Crypton Future Media, Inc. (HQ: Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido; CEO: Hiroyuki Itoh) has been handling software sound source since 1995, and is a developer of Character Vocal Series 01: Hatsune Miku, which was released in 2007. There are more than tens of thousands songs released, and fan’s support is expanding day by day.

About SEGA Corporation

SEGA Corporation (HQ: Ohta-ku, Tokyo-to, COO: Okitane Usui) has been recognized as one of the leading game software company in the world with its capability to produce high quality contents. New sensational rhythm action game “Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- 2nd” for PSP has been sold for more than 400,000 copies, and has great support by Miku fans.

About Tokyo Kawaii Magazine

Tokyo Kawaii Magazine, an electronic magazine for iPhone, was first released on March 2010. It releases the latest Japanese pop culture info such as anime, fashion, etc. in English and Spanish, and has been downloaded from all over the world, mainly by young generations. They have featured Haruhi Suzumiya, Evangelion, etc, and the latest issue (Vol.007) featured Miku Hatsune.

About Toyota Motor Sales, USA

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Established in 1957, TMS markets products and services through a network of nearly 1,500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers which sold more than 1.76 million vehicles in 2010. Toyota directly employs nearly 30,000 people in the U.S. and its investment here is currently valued at more than $18 billion. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyota.com, www.lexus.com, www.scion.com or www.toyotanewsroom.com.

About Anime Expo

Held annually in Los Angeles, Anime Expo is North America’s largest anime and manga event. Anime Expo gives fans the rare opportunity to meet and hear from some of the most famous anime, manga and musical artists from Japan and get into the action through everything from costume play, karaoke and video competitions to exclusive screenings, non-stop video gaming competitions and the wildly popular Masquerade, in which fans transform themselves into their favorite characters through creative costuming, accessories and make-up and put on their own show before an audience of thousands.   AX 2011 will be held July 1 – July 4, 2011 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. To register or for more information, please visit www.anime-expo.org.

About the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation

The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to popularize and educate the American public about anime and manga, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. This organization is more popularly known by its entertainment property, Anime Expo®.   For more information, please visit www.spja.org.

Share Button
------

Tags: ,

41 Responses to “Japan’s Virtual Pop Star Hatsune Miku To Make U.S. Concert Debut At Anime Expo 2011”

1. Madelynn Attaway says:

This is totally awesome! But how do you get tickets?

2. Arielle Rpdriguez says:

I am SOOOOO GOING!!!! BUT!! I can’t go unless I know how tickets are sold for this! :3 So please do explain that part. Thank you ^^

3. SamanthaH says:

You can get tickets from the Anime Expo registration site.

Click on “Add to your 2011 Registration” on the link below. You can purchase Main Events tickets (yes, that includes the concerts) there.

Enjoy! Hope to see you at the concert.

4. Jared says:

Where do you sign up for the tickets?

5. tokash says:

Simply go to http://www.anime-expo.org/ and register. You will need to pay for at least one day of expo attendance ($50). After you select which day(s) you are attending you will be given the option to attend the Kalafina and/or Hatsune Miku concerts. They are only $15 each additional. I don’t know how they are so cheap, I would have paid $100 for the Miku concert alone! So for one day attendance and a concert comes to $65. Anyway, see you all there! =D

6. tokash says:

PS With only a 7,100 seat capacity and $15 per concert ticket, they may not be for sale long…

7. Yukichi says:

I already bought my Anime Expo tickets for $45 dollars right after AX2010 ended and I really want to go buy the concert ticket but i cannot- does that mean i have to buy another 4 day pass?

8. Becky says:

I was wondering, since I’m also interested in the Kalafina concert, are these two concerts going to be at the same time? I couldn’t find the time of the concerts. If anyone knows please let me know =)

• SamanthaH says:

Currently the times for the concerts are not set, we’ll let you know as soon as possible when they’re up.

9. cynthia says:

where do i buy tickets im like super confuessed and wats a badge?

10. Becky says:

LOL I love how we responded at the same time…. Did not mean to spam

11. Jared says:

I’m so hyped about this >.< can't wait to see everybody there :D

12. juan says:

if anybody can send me a link on how to get the miku ticket iwill be very greatful

13. Rudy R says:

Can anyone help me here please?

Anime Expo site currently says that the Concert is SOLD out.
    Can anyone confirm this please.
    I was just going through the process of registering, adding 4day pass.
    And it shows SOLD out for only the Concert?,
    Or Do I need to purchase the 4 Day Pass first, then relog on and it will show not SOLD out ??

Thanks

• SamanthaH says:

Yes, the concert is sold out according to the AX Live episode today. There is a possibility they will have more. We’ll keep you updated.

• Shugo says:

Oh God, please let there be more. I planned out this entire trip and saved up just for this concert. I just finally got enough to go and register after work today and the tickets sold out literally two hours before I got there…

Now I have a non-refundable round trip plane ticket from Michigan to LA and no Miku ticket. This is so upsetting… :(

• bokumoekara says:

OMG I hope they’ll have lots more..:~<

14. diamondust says:

omg noo! im 3 days late wth??!! i was going to buy them when i had my convention tickets. plz ANYONE who can tell me if they are getting more i planned this since i first heard about it! noooo DX DX DX

15. Justin H says:

Plzz I hope they get more concert tickets >_< !!!

16. Daniel Khan says:

WE NEED MOAR TICKETS!!! >.<

17. k-mega says:

I was really looking forward to Miku’s concert….With the tickets sold out….i might not be able to go now….I’m so sad….It’s bad enough that i never gone to Japan….but now i can’t go to a concert of where i live….but maybe just maybe….if there’s a chance they might sell more tickets….But who knows….maybe not…. (crys) =TT_TT= I don’t want to wait for her next concert….maybe i might go next year….that is if the world will still be there in one piece next year….I’m not very happy right now….This is gonna be the first time she’s going to perform in the U.S. TT_TT I’m very disapointed….and crushed….I was literally soding with tears….I still am….Please let there be more tickets….

18. bokumoekara says:

hey, so, this concert will appear in all 4 days? 1-4th in July??? or in one specific day????? ;i

19. bokumoekara says:

aah..dang i forgot they ran out all ready…>*<

20. Akuma says:

is it ony in LA? does it show again? it is gonna be in texas?

21. Sight says:

I bought a concert ticket but i can;t go to it. can i exchange it for a different one or no? alos how can i get tickets for this event? do i need to be in a line 4 hours before it or no? i really want to see this.

22. Sight says:

i saw that a concert mentioned a standby line for them?

23. Sight says:

please help. i;ve looked in the forums for answers and nothing.

24. Sight says:

so is there a line or any way to get tickets or no?

25. Sight says:

cause i don’t know what to do with my concert ticket for vic now. since i want to see this now. i just need to know what i can do with my ticket and if there is a line for tickets for people who didn;t buy them online?

• SamanthaH says:

You can’t exchange your ticket for a Miku ticket because the Miku concert is sold out. There may be a possibility of additional tickets in a standby line. Unfortunately, we do not know if they have them at the moment because we are not ticketing staff. We will know closer to the concert.

26. [...] may probably know who Hatsune Miku is by now if you are into J-Pop Culture. Her live concert at last year’s Anime Expo in Los Angeles ended with a great success. She is probably the most well-known virtual idol so far, [...]

27. you’re in point of fact a excellent webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing. It sort of feels that you’re doing any unique trick.
    Also, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a great activity in this matter!

My web site – Electricians (http://avoidcowboybuilders.wordpress.com)